KOSOVO - Inclusion of Municipalities and national stakeholders for capital investments in supported VET (vocational education training) schools
One of the primary focus of the project is to improve the VET offer in Kosovo through creating a new Information Communication Technology for Center of Competencies (ICT CoC) in Pristina, developing qualifications and strengthening a number of selected VET institutions to reach a higher level of efficiency and sustainability. The achievement of these targets is being promoted through the provision of continuous technical and financial assistance to the selected Project beneficiaries. With the aim of improving the sustainability of these interventions and investments, the project has promoted the idea of increasing the level of endorsement and direct technical and financial involvement of the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MEST), the Agency for Vocational Education and Training and Adult Education (AVETAE), and seven Municipality Education Directorates (MEDs) as the official governing institutions of schools. This has been promoted with activities of research, dialogue and negotiation culminating to the signing of Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) between the project and the Municipalities or AVETAE, in which the process of identification and commitment of financial resources for the reconstruction and rehabilitation of the premises of supported VET schools are summarised.
As a result of an efficient coordination and cooperation between the project and the above-mentioned institutions, the project has managed to receive an additional financial commitment of 2.4 million Euro. From this total amount, 88% of the resources are dedicated for the construction and renovation of schools’ premises, and the remaining 12% are budgeted for the purchase of equipment and consumables. As mentioned above, these additional financial resources committed by the municipalities along with the Project’s budget will be used exclusively for the renovation of premises, equipping of workshops and provision of consumables, which will allow these institutions to improve their performance and enable the student to benefit from a relevant VET offer.
The joint investment between the Project and the Municipality of Pristina has enabled the building of the ICT CoC and the Tourism School in the Future VET Schools' Park in Pristina.↑ Haut de la page