KOSOVO - Unveiling transformation-shaping Kosovo’s vocational education
Aligned with the Kosovo Government programme and the strategic plan of the Ministry of Education, Science, Technoloy, and Innovation (MESTI), Project KSV/801 - European Union Support to Vocational Education and Training (VET), Professional Requalification and Occupation is dedicated to supporting the adoption and implementation of Dual Vocational Education and Training (Dual VET) in the Kosovo education system.
The Dual VET is a unique type of work-based learning. It improves training quality and learning-transfer, reduces skills mismatches and smoothens school-to-work transition.
As part of the commitment to Dual VET learning, the MESTI General Secretary has taken a significant step forward by establishing 10 working groups of experts tasked with adapting curricula for Dual VET Learning. These adaptations have already commenced implementation in the current academic year 2023/2024.
Among the 10 established working groups, six are exclusively dedicated to profiles introduced for the very first-time diversifying opportunities for Kosovo's youth: Heating, Water, and Air Conditioning Installer, Electrical Installer, Metalworker, Carpenter, Tailor, Beautician. Four more working groups are revising curricula for profiles introduced in the previous school year (2022-2023), including Bricklayers, Hairdressers, Cooks, and Hotel Assistants. The activity of the project will be extended to curricula for grades 11 and 12 within these profiles.
The anticipated outcomes of these workshops are comprehensive. They include:
- reviewing curricula for new profiles: a meticulous review of the curricula for the six profiles being introduced for the first time in the 2023/2024 school year;
- reviewing curricula for existing profiles: a thorough evaluation of the curricula for the four profiles that were introduced in the previous school year, including the adaptation of curricula for grades 11 and 12;
- evaluating applicative subjects: a focused examination of applicative subjects within these profiles to ensure their relevance and effectiveness.
- standardisation of curricula: establishing a model for future implementation by standardising the curricula for all 10 profiles. This standardisation will serve as a blueprint for future curricula development within the Dual VET learning system;
- teacher training: equipping teachers with the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively implement the adapted curricula within the Dual VET learning system;
- recommendations for improvement: based on the insights gained from these workshops, comprehensive recommendations for further enhancing the Dual VET learning system will be provided.
This collaboration between MESTI and the project marks a groundbreaking milestone for Kosovo's vocational education. By crafting robust, standardised, and industry-aligned curricula, it is putting Kosovo's students on the path to promising careers.
This publication was produced with the financial support of the European Union. Its contents are the sole responsibility of LuxDev and do not necessarily reflect the views of the European Union.↑ Haut de la page