Practitioners’ Network - LuxDev and Enabel take over the Presidency to face new ambitious challenges
The Practitioners’ Network is an open exchange, coordination and harmonisation platform created in 2017. It is composed of 17 European Development Agencies which share and learn from their experience, capitalise on knowledge and expertise, and analyse and reflect on joint efforts at the implementation level. As the European Commission is an observer in the platform, the PN indirectly contributes to the development policies.
Four specialised working groups within the Network are led by the different European Development Agencies to share ideas, experience and knowledge in order to improve the synergies between them.
The following objectives are developed in different working groups:
- to promote mutual knowledge, effective coordination and enhance partnerships not only between Network’s members and the European Commission but also among members themselves;
- to promote knowledge sharing, effective coordination and mutualisation of capacity for analysis and implementation in order to strengthen the collective EU response towards resilience in situations of crisis and fragility, by combining the comparative advantages of European aid actors;
- to consider the private sector as an important partner in the achievement of development programmes; and
- to exchange information with European Commission to simplify and create viable contractual and financial frameworks, in order to facilitate the joint implementation of programmes.
Every year, a new Presidency coordinates the platform and in 2020-2021 LuxDev will be leading the group together with Enabel.
For this Co-Presidency, a set of priorities has been established:
- promote and raise awareness of the activities of the Practitioners’ Network and provide information of our achievement to the EC and to the society;
- define and implement ambitious joint programs with other European Development Agencies, and the European Commission;
- prioritise efforts to support the health system to face the outbreak of the Covid-19, and climate change by setting up the “Green Deal” in Africa;
- simplify and facilitate partnerships with the European Commission.
This new Presidency is on board to face new ambitious challenges, through Digital for Development and communication and applying the “Better Working Together” principle to achieve the Sustainable Developments Goals and implement projects at the highest level of quality, impact and visibility.
↑ Haut de la page