- Education, vocationnal training and employment
- Partner execution agency
- Ministry of Education
- Implementation period
- 15 December 2022 - 14 December 2026
- Total duration
- 48 months
- Total budget
- 41,300,000 EUR
- Contribution breakdown
- Luxembourg Government
- AFD (in loan)
The overall objective of the "Rwanda Technical Training and Employability Support Project" (AFTER II) is to improve technical and vocational training and learning conditions in order to build the capacity of youth required by the labour market.
AFTER II was born out of a feasibility study that capitalised on and drew conclusions from the approach and results of AFTER I.
The project is structured around four components:
- improvement and capacity building in four institutions (Integrated Polytechnic Regional College (IPRC) Karongi, Muhororo Vocational School, IPRC Kitabi and Cyanika Vocational School);
- upgrading and creating training courses;
- developing linkages with the private sector and graduate entrepreneurship; and
- strengthening the capacity of Rwanda Polytechnic and the Rwanda TVET Board.
AFTER II will benefit the Republic of Rwanda and more specifically the four institutions mentioned above.
The project is developed over four years and implemented by the French Development Agency (AFD). The contribution of the Luxembourg Cooperation, made available to AFD through LuxDev is EUR 6 million.