- Education, vocationnal training and employment
- Partner execution agency
- Agence de développement de l’enseignement technique (ADET)
- Implementation period
- 15 December 2022 - 14 December 2026
- Total duration
- 48 months
- Total budget
- 33,000,000 EUR
- Contribution breakdown
- Luxembourg Government
The overall objective of the Support programme to agricultural and rural training (ProFAR 2) is to increase the opportunities for young Beninese people to access decent work in the agricultural and rural sectors, particularly in the territories of northern Benin, by supporting the implementation of qualification programmes geared towards the country's social and economic development.
ProFAR 2 is a new funding related to the implementation of the National Strategy for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (SN-EFTP) after the one on DEFI Pro which finances the "emergency plan" and ProFAR 1. The specific objective of the funding is to improve infrastructure through the implementation of a programme to:
- build and equip three new agricultural technical colleges and rehabilitate a fourth;
- operationalise an integrated training and integration system geared towards agricultural and rural employment; and
- support the emergence of a global and territorial management system for employment and skills.
The ProFAR 2 project is developed and implemented by the French Development Agency (AFD). The contribution of the Luxembourg Cooperation finances ProFAR, excluding the construction and equipment of the agricultural technical colleges, which is covered by a credit from AFD. The Luxembourg funding is a donation of EUR 3 000 000 initially over 4 years.